You may have heard about Syntheroid, a natural testosterone boosting supplemetn which has gotten a lot of press lately. When reading about the product online, you can see people asking questions like: “Is it a scam?”, “Does it really work?” and “What are the ingredients?”.
To stop all the guessing, and to figure it out once and for all, we decided to buy the product from the official website and give it a go. We know that many of our readers are men who are looking into boosting their testosterone levels naturally, without using controlled substances or other drugs with side-effects.
In this article we will take a look at the supplement from a scientific standpoint, together with our own experiences from using it over a period of 30 days.
What is it?
Syntheorid is a natural testosterone boosting supplement. It may sound like a drug, and the name is really similar to synthroid (with no ‘e’) used for hypothyroidism, but this is not a hormone or pro-hormone, it’s a supplement designed to increase your testosterone production naturally — without the side-effects.
The producer of Syntheroid, XPI. is known for great products. They offer a full range of workout supplements, and they are a well renowned brand in the industry.
The science behind the supplement
XPI supplements are 100% transparent on the contents of the supplement on their website, so it’s easy to see what you’re getting.
This, like several other testosterone products (for instance Ageless Male) contains testofen. What separates Syntheroid from many others, is the amount of testofen in the supplement. Here you get 600 mg testofen, which is the clinically tested dose that gave an increase of 98% testosterone in clinical double placebo control tests.
In addition, the product contains 3120 mg D-aspartic acid and 300 mg of Tribulus Terrestris.
D-Aspertic acid has been shown to have a good effect on testosterone serum levels:
In a recent clinical trial, subjects who took D-Aspartic Acid increased their testosterone serum levels by an average of 42% in just 12 days. Their luteinizing hormone (LH) levels also increased. By contrast, the placebo group only saw a 2.1% increase in testosterone. Subjects took 3,120mg of D-Aspartic Acid a day
The other ingredients are:
- 300 mg Horny Goat Weed (also known as epimedium): Well known to improve sexual desire and function in men, first discovered by chinese goat herderswho saw goats eating this herb in the wild had a much higher sexual activity than other goats.
- 200 mg Maca Root from the Andes mountains, simply put a Peruvian “super food”
- 200 mg Mucuna Pruriens: Knwon to increase muscle mass and boost libido
- 200mg Eurycoma Longifolia: (also known as “LongJack:). Increases IGF1 levels. It is well-known for its ability to improve athletic performance, boost testosterone levels, and inhibit SHBG. This ingredient allows allows more free testosterone to remain in the blood without increasing estrogen levels. Eurycoma longifolia is also known to enhance muscle strength and tone, and boosts immune system functions. The bonus is that Eurycoma can reduce body fat levels, fight fatigue, and prevent physical exhaustion.
- 10 mg Boron: Everyone is talking about zinc and other minerals, but nobody mentions Boron. In a 2011 clinical study, boron was found to increase free testosterone, decrease SHBG, and decrease estradiol levels — in just 7 days.
- 10 mg Bioperine: This ingredient is the patented and highly effective “glue” that ties the ingredients together. It has been shown, in placebo control studies, that it increases the absorption of nutrients and improves digestion. This makes the above ingredients work even better.
The product is basically a stack of all the well-known ingredients that are proven to boost testosterone into one highly potent supplement.
As a weight lifter I’ve seen and tested a fair share of testosterone boosting supplements or “T-boosters”. To be honest, most of them are just expensive vitamins. Maybe they inspire you to work a bit harder, but that’s it.
With Syntheroid I feel a difference. Not an immediate boost, but after a few days I did notice a higher sex drive and feeling better and more energetic. I feel more awake, which can be because of the supplement improving my sleep cycles. I also feel more alert, and I have an easier time staying focused.
It’s too early for me to see any influence on muscle volume, but in the other areas I feel a noticeable difference. I’ve also noticed that I can work out more, a shorter recovery time between each time i work the same muscle group — but I’m not sure if there’s a direct link. I’ve seen some other people reporting the same, so it could very well be.
Pros and cons
The benefits are that Syntheroid contains all the proven ingredients to boost testosterone. It also contains the clinically proven amount of testofen. The product is relatively inexpensive compared to some of the competition.
I really can’t see any drawbacks with the supplement. The only thing would be that I wish I had the possibility to get the same boost by adjusting what I eat, or in any other way boost my testosterone without having to take a supplement.
I recommend the product to anyone doing strength training, and for men over 30 years old. After this age, testosterone levels will naturally decline. By getting a boost, you will feel younger and better than in a long time.
Where to buy
The two best places to buy that I’ve found is through XPsupplements official website, and via esupplements. Personally I went for the first one, as this is the official site, and I feel a bit more confident buying from the source than via middlemen.